POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Marbles - YIP (14kb) : Marbles - YIP (14kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Marbles - YIP (14kb)
From: Richard Dault
Date: 17 Jun 2002 17:26:59
Message: <3d0e5423@news.povray.org>
A while back, I attempted to model marbles, but failed miserably.  Then
after seeing Chris Purdy's post, and with the new features of 3.5, I decided
to give it another try.

Here's what I have so far.  I think we use to call them "cat eyes".

I still have lots of work to do such as:

-add noise on the surface of the glass since not many marbles are perfect
-allow multi-coloured swirls
-allow swirls to be detached (I think this is called spaghetti)
-maybe add the other easier types: no swirl (rubies?), solid colours
(biuts?)

I really don't remember what they were all called.  Not to mention, I'm sure
different countries have different names for them too.

Surfing the web has taught me that there are hundreds of different styles
now-a-days.  Many more than I remembered.

Enjoy,
Richard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: